Episode 28: Honouring The Winter Season
In winter, for those that have the 4 seasons like here in the UK, winter time is cold, crisp and can be rather wet! When we follow the patterns of nature, winter is a time for slowing down, for hibernation and reflection.
In episode 28 of The Beautifully Balanced Podcast, join Sam for discussions about tuning into the qualities of the winter season; from yoga inspiration to self-enquiry and bringing in some warmth and light if you are prone to the winter blues!
In winter it can be nice to pause, to step off the hamster wheel, rather than being constantly trapped in a cycle of activity - grab a warming drink, blanket (perhaps a pen & paper) and settle in! You can listen to the episode here.
Take a sneak peak inside episode 28:
1. ...you could consider ‘what dreams do you have?’ ‘what lights your fire?’ - list things love to do and bring pleasure - pick something easy to do!
2. It’s easy to have the lights on full and make the seasons blurr into one, rather than tune into their different qualities...
3. Sometimes we can feel really stuck and find it hard to get motivated when the earth and water elements become excessive - imagine soil, mixed with a bit of water creating a sludge like texture that’s hard to move through.
4. Bellows breath (known as Bhastrika in Sanskrit) involves creating a short active inhale and exhale, helping to stimulate the system and get stagnant energy flowing..
5. Sometimes in winter it can be nice to pause, to step off the hamster wheel, rather than being constantly trapped in a cycle of activity...
6. ..and with the days gradually becoming lighter and lighter, some of the darkness and heaviness of winter begins to subside. This could be a metaphor...
I would like to ask you, what are 3 things that you are grateful for this winter? Feel free to let me know via social or share them with a friend!
Whether you need more calm and nourishment this winter or you need a boost to get going, I hope you find this episode helpful.
Thanks for reading, you can listen to the full episode here.